Volvo Penta D4
2023 300 HP
Num of Engines
- Superstructure constructed of 100% carbon fibre
- Single piece hull vacuum-infused in high-grade mould (fibreglass/carbon/titanium)
- Adjustable pitch propellers
- 2 x Volvo IPS 500 (motorboat option)
- 2 x Volvo D4-300 (sailboat option)
- Captive winches, automatic rigging and performance sails (sailboat option)
- Dynamic Stabilisation System (DSS) and retractable keel
- 24 Lithium batteries 50 kw, fast charging system
- 8,6 KW generators, 7,515 kw energy inverter and universal battery charger
- Solar panels integrated into superstructure
- Windows with smart glass technology
- Watermaker 280 l/h
- 120,000 Btu air conditioning system
- Unlimited hot water system
- 1,600 Litre fuel tanks (7,000 Litre for motorboat option)
- 1,200 litre freshwater tanks
- Submarine style anchor system
- Fighter pilot style helm station with Recaro seats
- 2 x Garmin/Volvo Penta glass cockpit 21” touchscreens
- 16 x camera system, includes thermal and long-range night vision
- Radar and Inmarsat
- Smart Home and music systems
- Gullwing roof windows
- Glass sea view flooring section in lounge
- 360-degree TV ceiling mounted and 4 x motorised TV sets
- Underwater light system
- High grade and quality padding/carpentry/lightning
- High grade and quality sanitary equipment. Smart Glass. Carbon look showers
- High grade low maintenance flooring
- Fully equipped Miele kitchen, waste disposer, 2 x icemaker and wine fridge
- Italian Flexform Sofas, high quality dining table and chairs
- Jacuzzi and fully equipped wet bar
The hull of the vessel as well as the main deck, upper deck and bulkheads are constructed using the vacuum infusion technique.
The construction of the hull with reinforcements is infused in a single piece to reach a better interlaminar adhesion, greater structural strength and a reduction in weight.
The manufacture of the superstructure improves this process by achieving a structure made 100% of carbon fibre and epoxy resin, in a single vacuum infusion with the same reinforcement procedure. The scantling of the X1 is composed only of quadraxial and unidirectional fabrics, excluding the mat type fibres from the scheme. PVC core is used both in reinforcements and in the hull. A high temperature core resistant is used in areas of direct sunlight.
The construction is completed with a vinylester resin for wetting 100% of the fibres in the hull and an epoxy resin for the upper deck, bulkheads and the rest of the boat.
All structural calculations are based on Lloyd\'s Register of Shipping regulations.
The hull of the X1 is also coated with an ISO-NPG gel coat of RAL 7016 similar to the colour of the final finish.
The boat has a complete painted scheme in AWL GRIP.
- The X1 comes as standard with either 2 x VOLVO PENTA D4 300 HP engines (sailboat version)) or IPS 500 (motorboat version).
- Higher power engines up to IPS 900 can be installed.
- Two lines of conventional shafts with ceramic seal refrigerated by water.
- TEIGNBRIDGE adjustable pitch propellers made of aluminium and bronze.
The propellers provide the X1 with optimum performance with reduced noise, minimal vibrations and greater fuel savings, when compared to other propellers on the market. There is also a controllable pitch system to adapt to sailing or motoring.
- Integrated VOLVO PENTA glass cockpit system, with two touch screens on the bridge that simplifies the navigation system, as well as integrating all information in one place.
- The compartments of the main engine are equipped with forced ventilation as well as thermo-acoustic insulation.
The main rigging consists of two parts:
- Furling mast
- Self-tacking jib
Both sails are assisted by an electronic system that will manage the BAMAR captive winches as well as the mainsail furling sheet, jib furling and mainsheets
- The configuration of rigging is designed with the premise that the boat can be crewed with only one person and from the bridge.
- The SPARCRAFT furling mast, is made of aluminium and finished in glossy black.
The LEWMAR electric windlass in stainless steel is located in the central hull at the bow of the boat, with 14 mm chain and remote control.
- Mooring and towing lines suitable for X1’s navigation category.
- Installation of a captive anchor constructed of 316 stainless steel.
- Recessed cleats.
In addition to the features mentioned above, the X1 is equipped with the following:
- HP desalination plant with a capacity to manufacture drinking water of 260 litres per hour with an automatic pressure regulation system and maintenance system for cleaning membranes.
- Pressure tank of 316 stainless steel with capacity of 50 l/min.
- Diesel heater for centralised heating system and hot water.
- The latest generation in high comfort chiller type air conditioners for a smooth and silent operation (WEBASTO 120,000 Btu).
- Complete diving equipment with diving compressor.
- Assistant Zodiac Williams in the garage.
- Long-range night vision cameras.
- Manoeuvring cameras.
- Radar and Inmarsat.
- Smart home and music system throughout the boat.
The X1 has an innovative and efficient power system from WHISPER POWER \"Hybrid System” installed, custom designed for the X1.
- Two converter 8.6 kw generators.
- Two Power Cube inverters (7.5 kw and 14 kw).
- Four high-power universal chargers of 150 Ah, achieving a battery-charging time of only 3.5 hours.
- The battery bank is composed of 24 Lithium units of 160 Ah each 12 v, giving a total power of 50 kw.
- 2 kw of capacity in integrated solar panels on the upper deck.
With the exception of the owner\'s cabin, the main deck is on a single level, running the length of the boat and is distributed across three areas:
- Owner´s cabin
- Two VIP cabins & Two crew cabins
- 72 m2 large open space with living room and kitchen.
The owner´s cabin is divided into three levels:
- The higher level has a 1.7 m wide x 2 m long central bed at the bow, side corridors and an aft office.
- In the middle level there is a bathroom with dual sinks, a dressing table, a hydromassage cabin and sauna.
- On the lower level, there is access to a large glass dressing room with a central corridor and LED lighting where the independent WC is also located.
The Port Cabin:
- A central bed of 1.7 m wide x 2 m long, oriented towards the side windows.
- A Sofa area in front of the windows.
- A large bathroom with intelligent film glass enclosure for privacy.
The Starboard Cabin:
- A first-class duo of reclining beds with roll-up TV, etc.
- A separate dressing room with private shower.
The lower deck is subdivided by transverse bulkheads in the following compartments:
- Engine rooms and generators
- Battery room
- Guillotine centreboard
- Equipment and tank compartment
- Fore and after peaks
- nanny\'s cabin with laundry
In addition to having the lower deck compartmented by watertight bulkheads, from the keel to the base of equipment and tank bank, the X1 is filled with closed cell polyurethane foam filling, a volume similar to the total displacement, which makes the ship unsinkable.
The upper deck is complemented by two lateral corridors that give access to the rest of the boat.
- Central bridge with the helm station.
- Flybridge of 50 m2 with lounge chairs, chill-out sofas, individual glass jacuzzi tub, T-barbeque area and a large central table for 10 guests.
- The control bridge is accessed from a central interior staircase that visually divides the living room with the kitchen.
- From this bridge the captain manages 100% of the navigation through the three-screen glass cockpit, together with the automation system of the sails and orbital manoeuvring cameras.
- The bridge has a mobile glass dome for access to the interior, as well as an automatic system for the seats of the captain and guests.
All the interiors have an extremely high level of luxury finish with top quality materials, LED ambient lighting, Hi-Fi equipment, LED televisions in all rooms, air conditioning and heating managed with an integral home automation system.
The X1 utilises a combination of finishes for the exterior:
- Anthracite finish of AWL GRIP.
- Small areas in Carbon look by ANGELONI.
- Bows reinforced with carbon fibre containing titanium filaments, also from ANGELONI.
The spacious main deck Located on a single level is approximately 80% of all living area. The master cabin is split over three levels, together with the crew cabins they are easily accessible and situated just a few feet below the main deck. The main staircase leads from the main deck to the flybridge and the helm station.