Fort Lauderdale, Florida
SINDBAD was originally built as an "Ice Class" trawler in 1962 in Norway.
She has undergone multiple, custom refits, over the years, and had been owned by the same yachting family for over 30 years. Her most recent refit, completed in 2018, was completed at Front Street Shipyard in Belfast, Maine. After the owners passing several years ago, SINBAD was inherited by his son. Feeling an obligation to his father, he embarked on a multi-million exhaustive refit that would have made his father proud.
During the refit, extensive steelwork was completed to the hull, new cap rails were built, and many hatches and doors were replaced. Every piece of equipment in the engine room was replaced- except for the main engine- so it could be sandblasted and painted. From watermakers to air-conditioners to generators, almost everything was replaced. Fuel, freshwater, and black water systems were replaced or rebuilt and hundreds of feet of new wiring were installed bringing her electrical systems up to today's standard.
SINDBAD has an interesting history. Completed in 1962 in Norway, she was the 16th launch following World War II for her builder, A. Eidsvik. She served as a North Sea trawler, measuring about 80 feet (24.38 meters), meant for navigating in icy conditions. With the intent of hunting for polar bears in the Arctic, the original build owner took SINDBAD on the beginning of an adventure...and she is ready to continue that adventure under new ownership.
SINDBAD is currently in donation, with 40% of the purchase price due at closing. The remaining 60% is financed for three years with no interest due.United Yacht Sales is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Northrop and Johnson. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
Num of Engines
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1. Built in Norway in 1962 as a DNV Ice-Class Trawler to hunt polar bears in the Arctic.
2. Multi-million dollar refit from 2016-2018 at Front Street Shipyard in Belfast, Maine.
3. Currently in donation and available under attractive Bareboat Charter with Option to Purchase.
4. Prior to donation SINDBAD was owned and maintained by the same, knowledgeable, yachting family for 30 years.
5. Three cabins accommodate up to 7 guests; crew accommations for 3.
Steel hull with steel superstructure.
Gray Water Capacity:
SINDBAD sleeps 7 guests in 3 cabins, all with private en-suites.
The master cabin features a queen size bed with plentiful storage. The forward bow cabin sleeps 2 guests in a double size berth.
Located aft is a guest cabin with a double size berth to port and a single bunk to starboard, sleeping up to 3 guests in 1 cabin.
There is a single berth cabin for the Captain in the Pilothouse. This cabin does not have an attached head. There are single over/under bunks on the foredeck for 2 crew, with private head.
Generators & Electricity