The Grand Banks 43 Europa offers a two stateroom, two head arrangement with a large salon, galley up, huge flybridge and spacious cockpit. The side decks are wide and covered and boarding is a breeze either through the port and starboard side midship gates or the transom door which leads one from the oversized teak swim platform into the covered cockpit. The flybridge is accessed via a stairway and the amount of built in seating, wetbar and full featured helm with two Stidd chairs is unmatched in boats of this size. The custom hardtop provides a minimal amount of canvas and forward curtains cut down on the breeze for piloting from above even in less than perfect weather.
Entry to the cabin is via an oversized sliding door and the owner of Eden\'s Gate added not only phantom roll away screens but also phantom roll away shades to both the salon and pilothouse doors. The salon feels open and bright thanks to large side windows that open as well as a three panel windshield with power vented center panel. Storage is abundant throughout the boat including deep drawer storage below the salon settee\'s, cabinet storage everywhere you look in the galley and both locker and drawer storage in the staterooms.
Both helms feature a top of the line electronics package custom designed and blue printed by Mid Shore Electronics in Maryland. Dual touchscreen Garmin displays, Garmin Open Array 72NM radar, Garmin color sounder, SAT Weather, AIS, SAT Radio, Engine Room, Backup and FLIR Cameras, Color Seakeeper Displays, Dual Vessel Views at each station and more!
- Optional Opening Salon Windows with Screens
- Custom Retractable Screen Doors at both Salon and Lower Helm Door
- Custom Retractable Shade Doors at both Salon and Lower Helm Door
- Optional Black Textaline Exterior Window Covers
- Grand Banks Curtains in Salon and Portlights
- Overhead Hatchs Have Rollaway Shade and Screens
- Custom Hull Side Sound Insulation Around Owner\'s Cabin
- Custom Fresh Water Manifold with Additional 1/2" Ball Valve At Every Fresh Water / Hot Water Outlet
- Custom Labeling of all Freshwater Output and Supply Lines
- Water Heater (220V)
- (2) Salon Air Conditioner/Heat at 16kBTU per Unit
- (1) Master Stateroom Air Conditioner/ Heat at 10kBTU
- (1) Upgraded Guest Stateroom Air Conditioner/Heat at 10kBTU with Additional Ducting to Utility Room
- Custom Windshield Defrosting System
- (4) Custom Additional DC Power Outlets on Each Side of Master Berth, Guest Stateroom, and Salon
- Custom Additional AC Power Outlets in Salon
- Custom Stidd 500W (36" Wide) Electric Helm Seat with Custom Stidd Foldable Mounted Foot Rest
- (2) Vitrifrigo SW180RFX Drawer Type Refrigerators in Galley
- (1) Vitrifrigo C35BT Freezer Chest in Utility Room
- (1) Splendid TVM63X Dryer in Utility Room
- Custom Additional Teak Hand Grip At Galley For Ease of Access To and From Utility Room
- Custom Master Berth Gas Lift Assist For Storage Access
- Custom Frosted Glass Door in Master Shower
- Custom Additional Port Light added to Guest Stateroom
The owner of Eden\'s Gate knew he wanted a gyro stabilizer and hardtop when he first started thinking about constructing a Grand Banks 43. He also didn\'t want the added weight of these items along with other cruising equipment to effect the performance of the boat and its versatility to cruise anywhere from displacing speeds to over 20 knots. With the help of Grand Banks (including that of Bruce Livingston) and Cummins engineering teams the solution was to go with the larger 550hp Cummins QSC 8.3L motors over the boats standard 480hp QSB 6.7L motors. The larger block motors also don\'t have to work so hard for comparable horsepower resulting in added longevity. Coupled with the Zeus pods, joystick and skyhook along with a factory installed bow thruster this package delivers all the power and reliability needed underway with the ease of maneuverability for docking, locks and bridges!
- Upgraded Cummins QSC 8.3L Motors
- Upgraded ZF 105S Transmissions
- Upgraded Stringer and Structure for Engines and Seakeeper
- Upgraded Dual Racor Filters with Pressure Gauges for Cummins
- Upgraded Dual Racor Filters with Pressure Gauges for Generator
- Generator Exhaust Vapor/Water Separator (no above waterline water discharge)
- Custom Seakeeper M8000 Gyro Stabilizer System with color control displays at both upper and lower helms.
- Custom Diamond Plate Top Surround/Box for Gyro in Utility Room with Sound Reducing Lining
- Greco G3 Oil Change System with Connections for Engines and Generator
- Upgraded Onan Generator to 11.5kw
- Sleipner Bow Thruster with Additional 8D AGM Battery
"Eden\'s Gate" was one of the most thought out and customized Grand Banks that I have had ever had the pleasure to build and sell. With several years of thought studying the 41 Europa the owner of this boat knew exactly what he wanted when the much improved 43 came out. Engineering teams from GB, Cummins and Seakeeper all contributed to building this boat with the power and stability unmatched in any other 43 Europa. Topped off with a one hundred thousand dollar plus electronics package done here stateside by a top of the line installer and a custom built hardtop with attention to detail right down to the polished welds, this is a one of a kind yacht!
I visited the Grand Banks factory to inspect and sea trial this boat prior to shipping and we have detailed drawings and build pictures that I would be happy to share with any serious parties.