Fitted out as a passagemaker Beckoning is not your average Catalina. This two owner boat has been extensively upgraded. She is turn key, ready for blue water and can take you wherever you want to go in comfort and safety. Her impressive equipment list includes AIS, EPIRB, Radar, Sonar, WiFi, Water Maker, GenSet, Wind Generator, Jacklines, Life Raft, an extensive Spares Locker, plus SSB and Satellite Communications.
First launched as Catalina's flag ship model in 1998, the 470 features an upgraded fit and finish and was designed and built to achieve a CE Ocean Sailing Rating. Redundant systems include independent dual helm stations, multiple fuel & water tanks and independently operating fresh water heads. She features, roller furling sails with all controls leading aft so there is no need to leave the cockpit; which is huge and includes a hard top dodger and a full canvas enclosure. Below decks you'll find the space and functionality that is legendary at Catalina, complimented by upgraded joinery, appointments and LED lighting throughout.
Well maintained and in terrific shape she is ready to set sail. If you are looking for a blue water cruiser don't miss out on Beckoning. Call for an appointment today!United Yacht Sales is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Curtis Stokes & Associates. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
2001 4269 HRS 75 HP
Num of Engines
Fitted out as a passagemaker Beckoning is not your average Catalina. \nThis two owner boat has been extensively upgraded. She is turn key, \nready for blue water and can take you wherever you want to go in comfort\n and safety. Her impressive equipment list includes AIS, EPIRB, Radar, \nSonar, WiFi, Water Maker, GenSet, Wind Generator, Jacklines, Life Raft, \nan extensive Spares Locker, plus SSB and Satellite Communications.
First\n launched as Catalina\'s flag ship model in 1998, the 470 features an \nupgraded fit and finish and was designed and built to achieve a CE Ocean\n Sailing Rating. Redundant systems include independent dual helm \nstations, multiple fuel & water tanks and independently operating \nfresh water heads. She features, roller furling sails with all controls \nleading aft so there is no need to leave the cockpit; which is huge and \nincludes a hard top dodger and a full canvas enclosure. Below decks \nyou\'ll find the space and functionality that is legendary at Catalina, \ncomplimented by upgraded joinery, appointments and LED \nlighting throughout.
Well maintained and in terrific shape she \nis ready to set sail. If you are looking for a blue water cruiser don\'t\n miss out on Beckoning. Call for an appointment today!
To view media files on Beckoning type or cut and paste these links (case sensitive) into your web browser:
Walkthrough Video: www.bit.ly/BECKONTOUR
360 Degree Photos: www.bit.ly/360BECKON
Photo Slide Show: www.bit.ly/BECKONSLIDE
Manufacturers Brochure: www.bit.ly/470BROCHURE
Cruising World Video: www.bit.ly/470CWV
Cruising World Review: www.bit.ly/470CW
Ausail Marine Review: www.bit.ly/470AUSAIL
Sailing Magazine Review: www.bit.ly/470BOATS
- 135% Furling Genoa w/Padded Luff - 2012
- Double Life Lines - 2012
- Hard Top Dodger - 2014
- Bimini, Hard Dodger, Connector and Full Cockpit Enclosure (including UV screens) - 2014
- Raritan Marine Elegance Electric Heads (2); Fresh Water Flush - 2014
- Seaward hot water heater 11 gal - 2014
The large cockpit features independent, dual helm \nstations at the stern, port and starboard. Each featuring a stainless \nsteel destroyer wheel, magnetic compass, autopilot controls, seat and \ncup holders. The starboard station also includes throttle/gear and bow \nthruster controls, a VHF hand held repeater and a rigging knife. A \nmanual bilge pump is mounted at the port helm station. Two stern rail \nseats are found above the helm seats. An instrument pod is center \nmounted between the helm stations and includes a multi-function display,\n sonar and the engine control panels.
Moving forward of the helm\n stations the cockpit features U shaped seating for a total 12. A dual \nleaf folding table w/cup holders and storage is center mounted and \nincludes foot brace. Two cockpit speakers are mounted port and starboard\n beneath the bench seats. Storage is provided by two lockers under the \nbench seating and two large lazarette lockers under the helms seats.
Two\n Harken 66 2-Speed self-tailing winches are mounted port and starboard \nfor jib trim. To manage the halyards and main a Harken 44 2-Speed \nself-tailing winch mounted on the port cabin top and a Harken 44 2-Speed\n electric self-tailing winch is mounted on the starboard cabin top. All \nrunning rigging lines lead aft to the cockpit and are accessible to the \nelectric winch.
There are four opening hatches, two under the side benches and 2 on the coaming just forward of the helm stations.
The cockpit is protected from the sun and sea by a hard top dodger and Bimini top with full enclosure panels and sunscreens.
A\n full beam swim platform is molded into the stern of the vessel, with \nwalkthrough access between the port and starboard helm seats. The \nplatform features a hand held shower and a folding swim ladder that \nintegrates into the stern rail. A two tank propane locker and shore \npower recepticals are found on the starboard side. Dingy davits are \nmounted above the platform, holding a 4 person Mercury dinghy with a \nNissan 9.8 outboard.
Moving forward the deck is\n protected by stainless steel bow and stern railings connected by dual \nlifelines running the length of the deck port and starboard; gates are \nfound at the cockpit and at the stern. Two man overboard recovery \nsystems and a throw ring are mounted on the stern rail. A wind \ngenerator tower with EPIRB mount and hailing horn is mounted at the \nstern on the starboard side.
Six hatches are found on the cabin \ntop, along with two solar fan/vents and two stainless steel hand rails \nrunning along the port and starboard sides. 10 opening portlights and 4 \nfixed windows are found along the cabin sides.
Raised jib tracks run along on the port and starboard side decks, with cleats found at the bow, stern and mid-ship.
A\n Dual anchor stainless steel mount w/rollers is found at the bow along \nwith a large split anchor locker to accommodate two anchors and rodes. \nThe locker also includes a salt and fresh water washdown spigots, a \ncleat, line hooks and an electric windless with vertical capstan and \nchain gypsy.
The double spreader, masthead rig features a \nSchaefer headsail roller furler, in mast mainsail roller furling, cabin \ntop mounted traveler, boom vang and boom break, wisker pole w/jibe \npreventer. The standing rigging is stainless wire cable.
Entering\n the main cabin from the cockpit via a center mounted companionway, the \ngalley is to port with the nav station to starboard. Going forward a \nlarge salon opens up with seating for nine. The main cabin, as well as \nthe rest of the interior, is appointed with satin finished teak joinery \nand a teak and holly sole.
With a large seating \narea and 7\' headroom the salon is bright and spacious. Along the \nstarboard side there are two seats with a fold down table between that \nconverts to a single berth. Storage lockers, shelving and a hand hold \nare found along the hull with a flat screen TV center mounted above the \ntable. Opposite on the starboard side is a large U shaped settee, with a\n foldable teak table. A larger, pedestal mounted table is stored in the\n forward cabin, which can be lowered create a double berth. Shelves and\n storage lockers are found along the hull. Two stereo speakers are \nmounted port and starboard, aft. There are seven overhead LED lights \nand two LED sconce lamps mounted on the forward bulkhead, port and \nstarboard. Ventilation and light are provided by two overhead opening \nhatches, four side mounted opening portlight and two fixed portlights \nall with shades. A fan is mounted on the forward port bulkhead, with an\n A/C vent found on the port side, aft. There are two 110 vac outlets.
The\n 360 galley is located in the aft port section of the main cabin. A \nlarge 180 wrap around countertop is found in the aft section and \nincludes a front and top access the Adler Barber refrigerator and a top \naccess freezer. Under the counter there is a locker on the left side, \nrefrigerator access center, and 4 drawers on the right. Over counter \nlockers run along the aft bulkhead, with a microwave and A/C vent \nmounted above the counter along the port hull. Moving forward along the \nhull side a three burner stove/oven is gimbal mounted, with a shelf and \nfixed portlight above, followed by a stainless ventilation hood. A hand \nhold runs the lengths of the galley along the hull side. Another counter\n is found forward of the stove, extending to the centerline and features\n a top access locker, double stainless steel sink, top and side access \ntrash bin and an under sink locker. Additional lockers are mounted \nabove the sink and along the hull above the counter. There is one 120 \nvac outlet, three overhead LED lights, with an additional light above \nthe stove in the hood. Ventilation is provided by an A/C vent, an \nopening overhead hatch, an overhead solar fan, and the ventilation hood.\n
The forward facing nav station houses the \nnavigation, communication and WiFi equipment as well as all electrical \nsystem controls. The station includes a 2 lockers, two drawers, under \ntable compartment with additional storage under the seat. There is one \noverhead LED light and a chart light. Ventilation is provided by an \nopening overhead hatch and an overhead mounted fan.
Moving\n forward from the salon, the private forward stateroom features a \nPullman berth on the port side, with lockers and top shelf running along\n the starboard side. An additional storage locker is found under the \nberth and multiple clothing hooks throughout the cabin. There is one 120\n vac outlet, 3 overhead LED lights and two LED reading lights, bulkhead \nmounted above the berth. Ventilation is provide by an A/C vent, an \noverhead opening hatch, four opening portlights and a forward bulkhead \nmounted fan.
FORWARD CABIN ENSUITE HEAD:
Found in the bow,\n the forward ensuite head features a separate shower, a Jabsco electric \nfreshwater marine toilet and a sink with hot and cold running water. \nEntering the head, the sink is found to starboard, with a mirrored \nmedicine cabinet above and a storage locker below, with the toilet paper\n holder integrated into the door. A 120 vac outlet is found to the right\n of the sink on the aft bulkhead, along with a toothbrush holder. Towel \nhooks are mounted to the left on the forward bulkhead. The shower is \nfound all the way forward behind a glass door and includes a shower \nwand, shelving, a soap dispenser, towel hooks and two overhead LED \nlights. The marine toilet is to port, with a shelf and a mirrored locker\n behind and above. A towel rack and hook are mounted on either side of \nthe head on the fore and aft bulkheads. There are two overhead lights \nand opening overhead hatch.
The full beam \naft stateroom is entered though a starboard side companionway opposite \nthe galley and features a center mounted queen berth, vanity and private\n access to the aft head. Chested drawers and lockers run from either \nside of the berth down the length of the cabin with shelving on top. A \nvanity with mirror, light and a drawer is found on the forward bulkhead.\n A flat screen TV is mounted to the port of the vanity, with storage \nracks above. There are two 120 vac outlets and a 12 vdc plug. Lighting \nis provided by two overhead lights and two dimmable LED sconce lamps on \neither side of the berth. Ventilation is provided by an A/C vent, fan, \nfour overhead opening hatches and an opening port.
The\n aft head is located opposite the galley on the starboard side with \nseparate doorways to the main cabin and aft stateroom. The head \nfeatures a separate shower, a Jabsco electric freshwater marine toilet \nand a sink with hot and cold running water. Entering the head from the \nmain cabin, the shower w/glass door is to the left and features a shower\n wand, bench seat, towel hooks, overhead light and solar fan for \nventilation. Next to the shower, the marine head is mounted on the \nforward bulkhead. A counter top with/stainless grab rail runs the \nlength of the head along the hull side, with two mirrored lockers above.\n The countertop mounted sink is found to the right next to the aft \nbulkhead with a storage locker below. The toilet paper holder is \nintegrated into the locker door. An additional mirror is mounted on the\n aft bulkhead, along with a towel rack and a 120 vac outlet next to the \nsink. Multiple towel hooks are found throughout the head. There is one\n overhead light, one over counter light and ventilation is provided by \nan opening port.
The engine \ncompartment is found under the cockpit companionway stairs, which hinge \nforward for full engine access. There are additional access doors on \nthe rear, port and starboard sides providing easy access to the engine, \ndual Racor filters, raw water strainer and a battery charger inverter \nsystem with charge controller/leveler.
The main cabin is entered from the cockpit, eight steps down via a \ncenter companionway and houses the salon, galley and nav station:
The salon occupies the forward section of the main cabin and features:
The full beam aft cabin is accessed through a companionway between cockpit companionway and the aft head and includes:
The aft head is located on the starboard side opposite the galley, \ndoubles as an ensuite head for the aft stateroom and includes:
The forward cabin is found forward of the salon and features:
- Private cabin with solid door
- Double berth; port side (sleeps 2)
- Under berth front and top access utility locker; containing generator, batteries, water maker
- Under berth top access locker; containing spares
- Hanging lockers w/louvered doors; containing tools & spares; starboard side
- Locker w/louvered doors and shelves; containing tools & spares; starboard side
- Shelving atop lockers; starboard side
- 3 Overhead LED lights; 12 vdc
- 2 Aft bulkhead mounted LED reading lamps; above berth; 12 vdc
- 120 vac outlet
- 1 A/C vent
- Opening overhead hatch
- 4 Opening portlights
- Hella turbo fan; 12 vdc
- 5 Towel/clothing hooks
- First Alert smoke alarm
- Safe-T-Alert Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- 2 Kidde dry chemical fire extinguisher
- Control switches; macerator, genset, ,bow thruster, salt water wash down
- Ensuite head access; forward bulkhead
- Headroom: 6\' 11\"
The forward ensuite head is located in the bow of the boat, is entered from the forward stateroom and includes:
The cockpit is in the stern of the boat and features:
Accessed via walk through transom and includes:
- Fiberglass construction w/structural grid design
- Forward crash bulkhead
- Fin keel
- Double stainless steel anchor mount w/rollers
- 66 lb Bruce anchor with 200\' of rode
- 60 lb Mason anchor with 200\' of chain
- Spare Fortress anchor w/rode
- Anchor locker (foredeck access) with:
- Deep split chain wells
- Salt and fresh water washdown spigots
- Maxwell windless with vertical capstan & chain gypsy; model VW1200
- Masthead sloop rig
- Aluminum mast with in mast roller furling system
- Aluminum boom
- Forespare aluminum whisker pole; mast mounted
- Mack Mainsail, 515 sq.ft. - 2017
- 135% Genoa with padded luff, 495 sq.ft - 2012
- Storm sail- Hard top dodger - 2014
- Cockpit Bimini - 2014
- Cockpit enclosure, including connector panel - 2014
- Bimini sun shades - 2014
- Samsung 32\" flat screen TV; model UN32J5205AF
- Toshiba flat screen TV
- LG DVD/CD player; model DP123
- Xplod Advanced ESP MP3 Player
- Sony Xplod EQ7 MD/CD Changer Control; model 52WX4
- 2 Bose 151 stereo speakers
- 2 Sony Marine waterproof stereo speakers
- Raymarine E80 Multi-function chartplotter/radar control unit
- Raymarine E120 Multi-Function Chart Plotter, wind, depths, speed
- Raymarine ST290 data display unit
- 2 Raymarine Auto Pilot control panels
- Raymarine Autohelm Series Autopilot controls- Navigation Computer
- Simrad NSS evo2 Sonar display
- Standard Horizon Intrepid+ VHF radio w/hand held helm repeater
- iCOM Marine IC-M802 Single Side Band Radio w/headphones
- PACTOR-Controller SCS PTC-IIpro; PC-Radio interface modem
- iCOM SP-24 radio speaker
- Beam-Inmarsat satellite telephone with dock
- Raymarine Sirius Weather System; model SR100
- Weather Fax 2000
- Nobeltec AIS Receiver; model SLR-200
- ACR Electronics Global Fix EPIRB, certified to May 2020
- Rosewill IEEE 802.11 N 2.0 Wireless Router; model RNX-EasyN4 2T2R version
- Upiquiti Networks BULLET M2 WIFI antenna
- 2 12 VDC electrical system panel
- 120 VAC electrical system panel
- 120 VAC 60 HZ Blue Sea distribution panel
- 120 VAC 30 A master breaker panel
- 120w 60A Genset breaker
- Wind generator control panel
- Generator control panel
- Generator/Shore Power switching panel
- Battery switching panel
- Xntrex battery charging system control panel
- Bow thruster master switch
- Salt water wash down switch
- TriColor/Anchor light switch
- Fisher Panada 8 kw Marine Generator, model 8 w/Kubota diesel engine model Z482-E
- Yanmar 75 hp 4 cylinder auxiliary diesel engine, fresh water cooled; model 4JH3-TE
- Switlik Man Overboard Module, man overboard recovery system, model MOM 8-A
- Life Sling Overboard Rescue System
- Man overboard boom mounted block & tackle
- West Marine throwable man overboard line
- Commercial ring buoy throwable life ring w/stern rail mount, Type IV P.F.D.
- Safety harnesses
- 5 Off-Shore Lifejackets, adult, type I PFD
- 2 Near-Shore Buoyant Vests, adult, type II PFD
- Fanny Pack PFD
- Para-Tech Delta Drogue
- Winslow 6 person life raft, model 60SLOP
- 2 Grab & Go survival kits
- Grab & Go flair & smoke kit
- ACR Electronics Global Fix EPIRB, certified to May 2020
- Mobeltec AIS System, model SLR-200
- Forspare floating strobe light, model WL-1
- Whale MK 3 manual bilge pump
- Hand held manual bilge pump
- Tool set
- Yanmar auxiliary engine spare parts set, including filters, gaskets, hoses, belts & impellers
- Genset spares kit
- Rigging kit
- Electrical parts kit