Ariel is a Sparkman & Stephens designed classic 1981 47' Swan MK II model with a well-known and respected history. Her late owner cruised extensively through the Mediterranean, Northern Europe and US East Coast. Ariel was raced extensively along the East Coast, including many Annapolis to Bermuda and Newport to Bermuda races. Other events included Antigua Race Week, Key West to Baltimore, Block Island Race Week, Miami to Baltimore and the Swan Cup in Sardinia, Italy. She offers a Yanmar 75 HP auxiliary, ultrasonic antifouling system, recently updated electronics (due to a lightening strike), extensive sail inventory, Awlgrip Flag Blue hull and a 2 stateroom 2 head layout. Ariel is presently stored in water and set up for the winter and will be de-winterized and set up for updated photos and video soon. A full sail inventory will be available in early April 2021.United Yacht Sales is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Curtis Stokes & Associates. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
6713 HRS 75 HP
Num of Engines
Ariel is a Sparkman & Stephens designed classic 1981 47\' Swan MK II model with a well-known and respected history. Her late owner cruised extensively through the Mediterranean, Northern Europe and US East Coast. Ariel was raced extensively along the East Coast, including many Annapolis to Bermuda and Newport to Bermuda races. Other events included Antigua Race Week, Key West to Baltimore, Block Island Race Week, Miami to Baltimore and the Swan Cup in Sardinia, Italy. She offers a Yanmar 75 HP auxiliary, ultrasonic antifouling system, recently updated electronics (due to a lightening strike), extensive sail inventory, Awlgrip Flag Blue hull and a 2 stateroom 2 head layout. Ariel is presently stored in water and set up for the winter and will be de-winterized and set up for updated photos and video soon. A full sail inventory will be available in early April 2021.
From the cockpit, you can step down into the aft stateroom with an ensuite head or walk forward to the amidships hatch and step down into the salon. Once inside the salon, you will find the nav station starboard aft, galley and aft stateroom entrance port aft, L-shaped seating/storage/berth to port with a single berth outboard, folding teak table centerline and a benchseat/storage/berth to starboard. Walk forward and you will find storage cabinets to starboard, a head to port and a stateroom with v-berth forward.
The headroom in the salon is 6\'6\", 6\' in the aft stateroom, 5\'8\" in the aft stateroom head, 6\'1\" in the galley, 6\'3\" in the forward head and 5\'10\" in the forward stateroom. The aft berths are 6\'2\" long, the salon port outboard berth is 6\'5\", the lower port berth is 6\'10\" long, the salon starboard berth is 6\'7\" long and the forward berths are 8\' long.
Ariel offers an aft stateroom with two single quarter berths, a forward stateroom with a v-berth and there is a single berth port outboard in the salon, another single berth lower port side and a berth to starboard. The aft stateroom has an ensuite head and the forward head is to port just aft of the forward stateroom. New foam mattresses in 2019.
The salon offers a folding teak table centerline, L-shaped benchseat/storage/berth to port, single berth outboard to port (New foam mattress in 2019), benchseat/storage/berth to starboard, storage cabinets, side windows, overhead hatch, steps and hatch aft, auxiliary access, fans, book shelf, shelves and a teak & holly sole.
The galley is port aft.
- Force 10 stainless steel propane cooktop/oven (2019)
- Frigoboat cold-plate refrigeration
- Double stainless steel sinks (2019)
- Storage drawers
- 2 portlights
Dining space is available at the salon table.
The aft stateroom offers two single quarter berths (New foam mattresses in 2019), steps and hatch to the cockpit, fan, 2 portlights, shelves, hanging locker and an ensuite head with a manual head.
The forward stateroom offers a v-berth (New foam mattresses in 2019), storage under the berths and anchor chain locker access. The head is port aft of the stateroom.
The cockpit offers seating aft and on each side with storage, Edson helm pedestal, bimini, dodger, hatch and steps to the aft stateroom and a sunpad forward of the cockpit with a hatch to the salon.
- Raymarine Radar (2019)
- Raymarine E70021 multi-function display in the cockpit and at the nav station
- Simrad AP48 autopilot (2019)
- 4 X B&G Triton2 networked multi-function displays in the cockpit and one at the nav station (2019)
- Danforth Constellation magnetic compass in the cockpit
- Suunto magnetic compass at the nav station
- Icom IC-M506 VHF at the nav station (2019)
- Vesper Watch Mate AIs at the nav station (2019)
- Weems & Plath barometer in the salon
- Victron Energy Centaur 12/60 battery charger (2019)
- ProSine 2,000 watt inverter
- Newmar G130 galvanic isolator (2019)
- Balmar 100 amp alternator (2019)
- 30 amp shore power cord
- 2 X USB ports in the cockpit and at the nav station (2019)
- Yanmar 4JH3-TE 75 HP auxiliary with approximately 6,713 hours
- Kanzaki gearbox
- Vetus auxiliary control (2019)
- Shaft line cutter
- GlobalTech CleanAHull ultrasonic antifouling system
- Quick Nauti boiler 40 gallon water heater
- Jabsco manual and electric heads
- Lewmar anchor windlass with foot controls
- Rocna 55 LB anchor (2019)
- Stainless steel rails fore and aft and double stainless steel lifelines on stainless steel stanchions on each side
- Boarding gate on each side
- Spreader lights
- 3 X Dorades
- Outboard bracket
- Stainless steel swim ladder
- Awlgrip Flag Blue hull
- Plasdeck synthetic teak deck overlay
- Selden Furlex 400S roller furler
- Carbon Fiber Spinnaker pole
- bamar boom vang
- Aluminum spars
- Double spreaders
- Sailtec hydraulic backstay and boom vang system
- 2 X Lewmar 54 electric winches
- 2 X Lewmar 65 sail tailing winches
- 2 X Lewmar 48 self tailing winches
- 2 X Lewmar 40 2-speed winches
- Lewmar 42 2-speed winch
- Lewmar rope clutches
- Rod rigging
- Fully battened Mainsail
- Whale manual bilge pump
- Rule bilge pumps
- Jim-Buoy horseshoe lifering
- Lifesling overboard recovery system
- Switlik Mom8 A man overboard module
- ACR GlobalFix V4 EPIRB (2019)
- First Alert carbon monoxide alarms (2019)
- Fire extinguishers (2019)
- Safe-T-Alert marine gas detector in the galley (2019)
- Seller\'s personal belongings
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.